Every time you go outside, you are exposing your skin to harmful rays that are emitted by the sun. . Excessive exposure to the sun can cause significant damage to your skin .The leading cause of skin aging today, We all need some sun exposure; it’s our primary source of vitamin D, which helps us absorb calcium for stronger, healthier bones. Excessive exposure to the sun can cause skin damage ,immune system suppression ,wrinkles ,dark circles etc.
Here are some helpful tips for that everyone should know before spending time in the sun:
- Apply sunscreen or sunblock at least 1 hour prior to going outside.
- Facial sunscreen or sunblock should be applied before any other moisturizer is put on your face.
- Try to avoid spending time in the sun between 10am-3pm.
- Try to wear a hat as often as possible when in the sun , A hat with at least a 2- to 3-inch brim all around is ideal because it protects areas such as the ears, eyes, forehead, nose, and scalp that are often exposed to intense sun.
- Always stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Take fresh juice ,Curd ,drinks before going outside.
- Always wear sunglasses when in the sun to protect your eyes, UV-blocking sunglasses are important for protecting the eye area .
7. Never apply sunscreen to broken skin. If your skin is sensitive, Apply sunscreen to a small area to test it out before applying it elsewhere.
8. Check your body for any unusual moles or spots after sun exposure.
9. sunscreen is a product that you apply to your skin for protection against the sun’s UV rays. But it’s important to know that sunscreen does not provide total protection against all UV rays. Even with proper sunscreen use, some rays get through, which is why using other forms of sun protection is also important.Sunscreens are available in many forms – lotions, creams, ointments, gels, wipes, and lip balms.Always remember when you choose products look at SPF –10 ,SPF-30 etc .The more SPF number that means more protection.