Photo Credit: Flickr
Constipation can be caused by lack of exercise, too much junk food, poor diet, painkillers, antidepressants and/or pregnancy. However serious diseases can cause constipation as well, including thyroid problems, circulatory disorder, diverticulitis, colon malfunction (fistulas, polyps, tumours, and obstruction).
Here are some home remedies Tips for Constipation:
1. To clean and heal the digestive system take Aloe Vera juice twice a day.
2. Ginger tea is a great home remedy for constipation. It helps start bowel movement.
3.Fruits, green vegetables cabbage, peas, carrots, garlic, sweet potatoes, all these are high in fibre.
4. Take folic acid. An insufficient intake of folic acid can lead to constipation.
5.Take Apple pectin, helps with constipation and brings fibres into the body.
6.Take 200 mg. twice a day of coenzyme Q10 this is a powerful antioxidant that protects the lungs, the heart and increases oxygen to the brain.
7. Vitamin E is a very important antioxidant needed to repair cell damage caused by smoke.
8. Vitamin A helps repair the mucous membranes which are damaged by smoking.
9. Ginger and lobelia prevent nausea and helps quitting reduces anxiety ginger produces perspiration which helps to shed toxins generated from smoking.
10.Oats reduce or eliminate tobacco cravings, also, they reduce the number of cigarettes desired even in those people not trying to quit.
11. Stop eating or drinking products with corn syrup or corn sweetener.
12.Yerba mate in tea form is very helpful with constipation.